Flash Back: Father and son cheer up fellow American Serena Williams at the US Open Woods, who shocked the world of golf with his remarkable Masters win at Augusta last year, caddied again for his son on the second day. Charlie, who Woods had with ex-wife Elin Nordegren, produced a much better round on the final day, shooting even par to finish second overall. Read Also Cardboard beds to be used in Athletes’ Village at Tokyo 2020 Many who graced the event had no doubt in their minds that Charlie is cut out for greatness and perhaps like one the twitter users said a ‘Charlie Woods is in the making. Loading… FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Parents and golf fans were left absolutely stunned as Tiger Woods junior Charlie, impressed at a junior golf tournament in Florida at the weekend with his father as his cardie. The 15-time major winner was on the bag for his 10-year-old son, Charlie, at an event at Club Med Academies in Jupiter. But despite the attendance of the sporting icon, fans were left even more amazed by his son’s incredible swing as he practiced on the driving range ahead of the tournament Many were taken aback by his Tiger-like swing and how effortless he made it look, with one joking on Twitter: ‘Charlie Woods will win 100 majors.’ While Charlie didn’t run out victorious over the weekend, he posted a respectable five over par on the nine-hole event to end day one tied ninth, which included a birdie on the par-4 third.Advertisement Promoted ContentA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?20 Amazing Facts About The Daenerys Of The House Of TargaryenLook At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human BeingInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body8 Most Expensive (And Surprising Things) Keanu Reeves Ever Bought6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?
Manchester United’s summer transfer dash continued on deadline day with the signing of Dutch international Daley Blind for £14million. Press Association Blind has agreed a four-year deal with United and his versatility will provide options for Van Gaal, whose initial attempts to shift United to 3-5-2 have proved a struggle. Blind is comfortable across the back line, at wing-back or as a defensive midfielder. He told United’s official website: “It is a real honour to sign for Manchester United. “I have been at Ajax since I was seven years old and I will always have very fond memories of the club and of my time there. “Louis van Gaal is a tremendously talented coach, I have worked with him at Ajax and also for the Netherlands national team and I cannot wait to work with him at the biggest club in the world.” The United boss added: “I am delighted Daley has signed for the club. “He is a very intelligent and versatile footballer that can play in many positions. “Daley is a great reader of the game, he has played under my philosophy over a number of years and he will be a great addition to the team.” Blind, 24, had long been expected to join his former Holland boss Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford and the deal was finally signed off just over three hours before the end of the window. Blind’s arrival from boyhood club Ajax takes the Red Devils’ spending to around £150million on permanent signings, following the big money acquisitions of Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo and Angel di Maria, the latter becoming Britain’s most expensive player having cost £59.7million from Real Madrid.
Sevilla have threatened to file a complaint should Barcelona attempt to pick more than three players from outside the European Union in Sunday’s Supercopa de Espana.The Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) announced ahead of the match that the two teams faced no nationality restrictions in compiling their squads, leaving Barca free to pick from their clutch of new South American recruits, Brazilian pair Arthur and Malcom and Chile’s Arturo Vidal having arrived at Camp Nou in the off-season.Sevilla had already been antagonised by the RFEF’s decision to stage the Supercopa, traditionally a two-legged, home-and-away tie, as a one-off match in Tangier. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Man Utd ready to spend big on Sancho and Haaland in January Who is Marcus Thuram? Lilian’s son who is top of the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach Brazil, beware! Messi and Argentina out for revenge after Copa controversy Best player in MLS? Zlatan wasn’t even the best player in LA! And the Andalusian club posted a message on Twitter on Saturday raising their concerns about Barca’s potential line-up.”Sevilla FC is surprised by the RFEF’s statement 24 hours before the Super Cup,” the tweet read.”It has stated that as many non-EU players as desired can be registered, despite the fact that in their last notice for the 18/19 season, only three were due to be permitted, without exception.”The club’s legal department is studying the matter and should FC Barcelona submit a team with more than three non-EU players, it would present possible ground for the filing of a complaint on account of an improper line-up.”Sevilla’s objections may prove unfounded, though. Widespread reports in the Spanish media claim Brazilian Philippe Coutinho has gained a Portuguese passport through his wife, easing Ernesto Valverde’s selection constraints.This will be the 32nd edition of the Supercopa, with the previous season’s winners of La Liga facing off against the Copa del Rey champions.