Photo: This Fan’s T-Shirt At Today’s Alabama-Arkansas Game Is Going Viral

first_imgHead coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide prepares to enter the field with his team prior to facing the Tennessee Volunteers at Bryant-Denny Stadium.TUSCALOOSA, AL – OCTOBER 26: Head coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide prepares to enter the field with his team prior to facing the Tennessee Volunteers at Bryant-Denny Stadium on October 26, 2013 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)Alabama and Arkansas have entered the fourth quarter of their SEC contest. Thankfully, only a couple of minutes remain in this SEC showdown.The Crimson Tide are putting an absolute beating on the Razorbacks in Fayetteville, Ark.Alabama is leading, 58-17, with about 9 minutes to play. Tua Tagovailoa had more than 300 yards passing in the first half. Nick Saban was putting both Tua and Jalen Hurts on the field at the same time.The Crimson Tide were having a lot of fun.Arkansas? Not so much.It’s tough to have fun when you’re playing Alabama this season, after all.This is disappointing for a fan in the stands, who is wearing a pretty appropriate T-shirt:Arkansas FOOTBAWL #WooPigSooie pic.twitter.com/hJRojiVD5Z— Jack McGuire (@JackMacCFB) October 6, 2018Maybe next week…last_img read more

One year after Uzbekistan killings UN rights chief conveys sympathy to families

“One year after the killings, no internationally accepted account of the events has been established,” said the High Commissioner, expressing the hope that Uzbekistan will still take advantage of the offers for assistance made by the international community, including the UN.Ms. Arbour has on several occasions called for an independent, international inquiry into the events on 13 May last year when reports stated that hundreds of protesters were killed after Uzbek troops fired indiscriminately to disperse them. The event sent hundreds of Uzbeks fleeing out of their country, and sparked a refugee crisis with Kyrgyzstan. The Uzbek Government claimed fewer than 200 people were killed in the unrest. However, more than 450 of the Uzbek refugees subsequently provided testimony to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) regarding the events of 13 May and an OHCHR report in July concluded that based on consistent, credible testimony, military and security forces committed grave human rights violations that day.The UN refugee agency (UNHCR) assisted in the evacuation to Romania of 439 Uzbeks who had fled to neighbouring Kyrgyzstan after the killings and almost all of these have been resettled to other countries worldwide.However UNHCR said today that the repercussions of last year’s tragedy are still being felt by the survivors, some of whom remain in Kyrgyzstan, while others have been given jail terms in Uzbekistan for alleged involvement in the events of last May.Haitvoy, a 29-year-old Uzbek, has been in exile in Kyrgyzstan for a year now, struggling to survive amid news that his brother back home was recently sentenced to 13 years in prison. Others tell similar stories, many having left their families behind, including Dilshot, whose brother is still in detention for taking part in the protests.Another Uzbek, Rasuljon, is alone in Osh, which is in south-western Kyrgyzstan, having not been resettled because he couldn’t get into the border camp at Jalal-abad from where the 439 were evacuated, due to security measures. Now he is among a group of Uzbeks awaiting a decision on their refugee status from the Kyrgyz Government.Another four Uzbeks recognized by UNHCR as refugees are still in detention in Osh, pending a decision by the Kyrgyz authorities on their fate, and a UNHCR spokeswoman today reiterated the agency’s concern about the fate of the four and its calls on the government not to send them back by force.Those who do file asylum claims are interviewed by the Kyrgyz Government’s Committee on Migration and Employment together with the UN refugee agency.UNHCR closed its office in Uzbekistan last month after 13 years of service following an ultimatum by the Foreign Ministry to end its work by 17 April.“UNHCR expressed regret over the decision as our work in the country was ongoing and many refugees continued to depend on assistance from us,” UNHCR spokeswoman Jennifer Pagonis said at the time. “But we only work in a country by invitation and in support of the government. So in those exceptional situations where we are asked to leave, we leave.” read more