first_imgDONEGAL will need to regroup at half time and prove their mental strength after going down 0-4- to 0-8 to Monaghan at Clones.Rory Gallagher’s men started off the brightest but it was Monaghan who ended the first half well on top.Paddy McBrearty opened the scoring with a fantastic left point after just 1 min. He had the ball in his hand for less than one second before he took aim and fired over the bar. Karl Lacey came in from the right touchline and scored a superb point after two minutes. Pure class from Lacey.After four minutes Monaghan pulled a point back with a free kick from Conor McManus.Frank McGlynn scored on five minutes to increase the gap to two points. 3-1 to Donegal.First wide to Donegal came on seven minutes when Paddy McBrearty fired well wide of the Monaghan uprights. But Karl O’Connell closed the gap to one point with a great point from open play on nine minutes.Donegal’s Frank McGlynn is the first to go into the referee’s book and is given a yellow card for a high challenge on a Monaghan player.But Conor McManus skews his free wide of the Donegal uprights on 11 minutes.On 13 minutes Paul Durcan spread himself down low to stop a near certain Monaghan goal.But he picked up the ball from the ground and gave away a free to Monaghan. Conor McManus kicked the point of his hands and levels the scoring at 3 points each.Dessie Moan looked like he would score on 15 minutes but he pumped his shot wide of the posts – his second wide of the game.Donegal’s second wide of the game came on 17 minutes when Conor McFadden’s left-footed shop sails wide.On 19 minutes Ryan McHugh looked certain to score a point but his shot hits the upright but no Donegal players are in the box to catch the rebound. Up the pitch Dessie Moan fell down under a challenge from Michael Murphy in an off-the-ball tackle. Monaghan believe it is a ‘black card’ offence but the referee doesn’t agree.Donegal get their third wide on 24 minutes when full back Neil McGee goes through but his right-footed shot curled wide.Monaghan take the lead for the first time when Owen Duffy took a great 40 ft pass and in one move he fires over the Donegal bar.Donegal’s Neil McGee and Monaghan’s Conor McManus both receive yellow cards on 27 minutes for an off-the-ball incident.And Donegal’s defence was lacking again when on 29 minutes Monaghan’s Kieran Duffy catches a high ball and drills over the bar.Monaghan stretched their lead to five points.Then on 31 minutes Conor McManus scores after Christy Toye is forced hand pass the ball away.That’s five points in a row from Monaghan with no reply from Donegal who haven’t scored in 25 minutes.Micheal Murphy scores on 33 minutes from a free to cut the Monaghan lead to two points.Christy Toye is taken off and is replaced by Martin O’Reilly.But Monaghan stretched their lead by to three points with a 30 yard shot from Dessie Moan. 0-7 to 04 to Monaghan.The 35 minutes were up but the referee is playing an one minute of extra time.And Conor McManus adds more to Donegal’s woes when he picked up a wayward pass from Michael Murphy and scores.0-8 to 0-4 to Monghan at the end of the first half.HALF TIME IN ULSTER SENIOR FOOTBALL FINAL: DONEGAL 0-4 V 0-8 MONAGHAN was last modified: July 19th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:HALF TIME IN ULSTER SENIOR FOOTBALL FINAL: DONEGAL 0-4 V 0-8 MONAGHANlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *