Acting transportation minister Luhut Binsar Panjaitan has indefinitely postponed the Jakarta Transportation Agency’s policy to temporarily halt interprovincial bus operations to slow the spread of the coronavirus.Luhut, the Coordinating Maritime Affairs and Investment Minister, sought to have an assessment on the economic impact of such a policy, which might prevent Jakarta residents from going to their hometowns for mudik (exodus), according to the Transportation Ministry’s spokeswoman Ardita Irawati..“According to [the minister’s] instruction, the implementation of the operational ban is suspended while waiting for a comprehensive assessment of the economic impact, in line with the President’s instruction in a meeting [on Monday morning],” Ardita told The Jakarta Post on Monday.The ministry, therefore, is dealing with the fast-spreading COVID-19 by spraying disinfectant on public transportation facilities, providing hand sanitizer, scanning the temperature of staff members, offering masks to passengers showing symptoms such as cough and arranging the seats so as to maintain a safe distance between passengers.Read also: Recovered COVID-19 patient in Central Java urges people not to ‘mudik’The Jakarta Transportation Agency initially planned on Sunday to suspend operations of interprovincial and intercity buses starting from Monday to stop the coronavirus from spreading further outside the capital, as Jakarta residents recently left the capital for their hometowns.COVID-19, a respiratory illness first discovered in Wuhan city in Hubei province in China, has infected 698 people in Jakarta as of Monday. The capital, which the government named the national epicenter of the outbreak, recorded 74 deaths and 48 recoveries.Thousands left the capital last week, suggesting the government’s warning to discourage them from mudik was barely effective. In neighboring Central Java, for example, Jepara recorded 1,776 arrivals as of March 24, Purwokerto recorded 2,323 arrivals and Wonogiri recorded 2,625 arrivals.Central Java recorded 81 people with COVID-19, the fifth-highest number of confirmed cases in the country. Of them, seven people have died, while no recoveries have been reported yet.The government reported on Monday 129 new people with the contagious disease, bringing the national number of confirmed cases to 1,414. (dfr)Topics :
Kabra, who assumed the role of Asset Director with Spirit Energy while the business was preparing for the cessation of production of York, added: “This project is a great example of the industry’s and regulator’s shared objective of delivering maximised economic recovery for the UK”. The project will tap into an additional 18 billion cubic feet of gas. The works will be phased across 2020-2021 and will comprise activity both onshore and offshore. This includes platform and control system modifications, onshore tie-ins, and well intervention on the Y1 well. However, Spirit Energy said on Wednesday that the recently approved York Life Extension Project, aimed at maximising economic recovery of the field, will extend production until 2023/24. Located approximately 34km from the North East Yorkshire coastline, York achieved first gas in 2013 and was expected to produce until 2020. The £13 million investment will re-route York gas to the Dimlington Gas Terminal, accessing its onshore gas compression facility, moving from its previous export route via the Easington Gas Terminal. The project extends the life of a North Sea field which has produced 45 billion cubic feet of gas over the past eight years. Spirit Energy has given another three years of life with an additional £13 million ($16.7Mn) investment to its operated York gas field in the Southern North Sea. Girish Kabra, Director of Spirit Energy’s North Sea Operated Assets, said: “York has been an important part of Spirit Energy’s North Sea portfolio for eight years, so we are delighted to not only boost production from the field but also extend its life. Fields like York demonstrate the importance of focused late-life management to maximise the potential of as many North Sea fields as possible”. Alistair Macfarlane, SNS and EIS Area Manager with the Oil and Gas Authority said: “The re-route is a good example of innovative thinking and collaboration between multiple operators to look beyond the boundaries of current configurations to extend the field life of York and Maximise Economic Recovery. “The SNS still has 3,779 bcf of reserves and examples like this provide opportunity and valuable activity for the UK supply chain as we actively adapt ourselves toward energy transition”.
*Wants focus to shift to the World Cup 2018 in RussiaPresident of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, has congratulated Super Eaglesâ€™ ace Victor Moses following the utility playerâ€™s triumph in the English FA Cup with Chelsea FC at the weekend.A lone strike from the penalty spot by Eden Hazard against Manchester United at Wembley brought joy to the blue side of London and made Moses the sixth Nigerian to experience glory in the oldest knockout competition in world football. Before him were John Fashanu, Daniel Amokachi, Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka and John Mikel Obi. Obi, Moses and others at the FIFA World Cup, won also with Chelsea. â€œI am happy for Victor Moses because this triumph sets him in a great mood and gives immense confidence for the FIFA World Cup in Russia. We have a number of friendly matches before the FIFA World Cup but the big focus is on the finals starting next month.â€œVictory in the FA Cup is good for Moses as he will come into camp buoyed in spirit, and that good feeling is bound to infect and affect the other players positively,â€ Pinnick said on Monday.Pinnick also applauded the good number of Super Eaglesâ€™ players who finished the season on a high, and those who were instrumental to their clubsâ€™ accomplishments during the season, stating that confidence is key to facing up to the kind of opposition available at the FIFA World Cup.Moses, who is the reigning NFF Football Awards Player of the Year, was the Super Eaglesâ€™ highest goalscorer in the FIFA World Cup African qualifying series with three goals. He netted a brace against Algeria in November 2016 and got the third in the 4-0 whiplash of African champions Cameroon on 1st September 2017, which set the Eagles on the path to Russia.The Chelsea wingback, who plays as an attacking midfielder for the Eagles, will join up with his international team-mates in Uyo later this week, ahead of Mondayâ€™s international friendly against the Simba of the Democratic Republic of Congo in Port Harcourt.The Super Eagles will then take on England in a prestige encounter at Wembley Stadium in London on 2nd June, before trading tackles with the Czech Republic in Austria on 6th June.The team will camp for nine days at the Avita Resort in Bad Tatzmannsdorf, Austria before flying to their team base camp in Yessentuki, Stavropol region of Russia on 11th June.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
“I was trying to loosen up. A lot of heat packs to try to loosen up the muscles and joints and get them firing,” Bryant said. “There was no hope tonight.”Even before his limitations, Bryant’s farewell tour took a backseat because of the controversy surrounding Russell. Scott joked the large media contingent meant this was “Kobe’s last game.” He actually has eight left. “This shall pass,” Scott said. “We’re still going to celebrate Kobe’s last eight games no matter what.”Lakers fans also celebrated Lamar Odom’s presence at Staples Center nearly five months after being hospitalized for falling unconscious at a Nevada brothel. In the first half, Odom hugged Lakers president Jeanie Buss. Odom, who won two NBA titles as a key Lakers reserve from 2004 to 2011, also sparked cheers when the Staples Center scoreboard featured him. After visiting Bryant extensively in the trainer’s room, Odom described the experience as “cool” and “awesome” before adding he “got goosebumps.”“It’s a miracle,” Bryant said of Odom. “To see him walking around now as if nothing even happened, it’s really a miracle. It’s beyond good to see him.”Russell did not initially receive such a warm reception.“I knew that was going to happen,” Russell said. “It’s all good.”Both Clarkson and Randle insisted things were all good after Russell apologized to the team before the game. Yet, a league source close to Young said Russell has not apologized directly to him. Young was not around when Russell addressed his teammates, the source added.“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” Scott said. “We’ll see what type of characters we have in that locker room.”Scott admitted “some concern” that issues between Russell and his teammates could carry over onto the court. In his last five games Russell has averaged only 10.8 points while shooting 34.9 percent from the field and 31.3 percent from 3-point range and posting 2.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.“It’s getting better and better,” Scott said of Russell’s leadership presence. “Obviously this will knock it back a step or two. He just has to keep working and everything else will work out.”Nick Young became available after missing the past two games because of what the team attributed to a stomach bug. Young had missed eight previous games out of healthy scratches, leading Scott to call him “very professional” on handling the lack of playing time. Russell and Young did not sit near each other on the bench. “I’ve played with players I didn’t like as people,” said Scott, who played 11 of his 14 NBA seasons with the Lakers. “But they were my teammates. You deal with that.” Russell initially dealt with the fallout surrounding his secretly recorded and recently published video of teammate Nick Young revealing he had been unfaithful to his fiancé, Iggy Azalea. Despite posting 16 points on only 6-of-19 shooting and one assist in 34 minutes. Russell made a few plays when the Lakers most needed him. He defended Miami guard Dwyane Wade and contested a jumper that hit off the rim to force overtime. Russell opened the extra session by canning an open 3-pointer and a layup. Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson added a team-high 26 points on a 9-of-19 clip. “If I’ve lost anybody’s trust, I’m going to work my tail off to gain it back,” Russell said. “That’s something you need for a winning team. You need everybody to trust each other. You need the first guy to trust the 15th guy.”Even before the video incident happened, the Lakers often talked about “trust issues” in describing an unorganized offense often centered on individual play. The Lakers (16-59) still only shot 36.3 percent from the field against Miami (43-31) and allowed Wade to post a team-high 26 points. Yet, the Lakers still overcame a 15-point deficit with double-digit efforts from Clarkson, Russell, Randle (13 points, 14 rebounds), Roy Hibbert (12 points) and Lou Williams (11 points). Meanwhile, Kobe Bryant logged only two points on 1-of-7 shooting in nine minutes in his last game against the Heat. Before the Lakers shut Bryant down for the second half because of “general soreness”, Bryant often sat on the bench wrapped as if he were a mummy after telling Lakers coach Byron Scott he couldn’t move. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error The morning ended with D’Angelo Russell completing an extended workout at the Lakers’ facility before having three security guards escort him to his car. The evening started with Russell hearing a chorus of boos during lineup introductions despite playing before a usually supportive hometown crowd at Staples Center. The day ended with those same fans suddenly cheering for the Lakers as they secured a 102-100 overtime victory over the Miami Heat on Wednesday at Staples Center. Julius Randle made the game-winner, an 8-foot runner after performing a nifty spin move toward the basket. Crazy day indeed.
most read in footballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himREF RAIDChampions League ref Vincic ‘arrested in raid into drugs and prostitution ring’STIR IT UPBohemians post cryptic response to FIFA promoting a jersey with Bob Marley on itBut they prioritised the pursuit of other targets instead, with Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Ferland Mendy coming in.Prem rivals Manchester United have also been linked as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plots a squad overhaul.The Norwegian boss knows that he is likely to miss out on the playmaker if Real come calling unless they offer him huge wages.2 Eriksen was forced to deny rumours that Vertonghen had slept with his partnerCredit: Instagram @chriseriksen8Christian Eriksen blasts rumours Spurs team-mate Jan Vertonghen slept with his girlfriend and sparked dressing-room bust-up with Harry Kane CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN is a step closer to securing his dream move to Real Madrid with his representatives heading for talks this weekend, according to reports.The Tottenham playmaker has so far rejected all offers to extend his deal at the North London club to force through a move to Spain.2 Christian Eriksen is hoping to secure his dream move to SpainCredit: ReutersHis contract expires at the end of the season meaning Spurs will need to sell him in January or lose him for nothing.Tottenham’s worrying form that includes Tuesday’s embarrassing 7-2 defeat at home to Bayern Munich will do nothing to convince Eriksen that his future belongs at the club.There have also been rumours of unrest inside the dressing room after Eriksen was sensationally forced to deny that team-mate Jan Vertonghen slept with his partner.The defender was then spotted with a black eye which Eriksen DID give him… but in a training ground accident.Real Madrid are ready to take advantage and have been in close contact with his agent to put the feelers out over a new year switch.According to the Star, talks are set to progress this weekend when his agent jets to the capital to meet club representatives face-to-face.Real were heavily linked with a move in the summer transfer window.
Havard Nordtveit made just 16 Premier League appearances for West Ham last season 1 Norway international midfielder Havard Nordtveit has joined Hoffenheim from West Ham for an undisclosed fee, both clubs have announced.Nordtveit, 25, joined the Hammers on a free transfer from Borussia Monchengladbach last summer and now returns to the Bundesliga after a year in the Premier League.A statement on whufc.com read: “Havard Nordtveit has completed a transfer to German Bundesliga side Hoffenheim for an undisclosed fee.”Nordtveit, who has signed a five-year deal until June 2022, made 21 appearances for the Hammers and described his year in England as “less than ideal”.He told Hoffenheim’s official website, achtzehn99.de: “I obviously know the Bundesliga very well from my years at Gladbach and I’m convinced I will be able to make the impact that TSG are hoping for.”Nordtveit first played in Germany when he joined FC Nurnberg from Arsenal in 2009. He made 152 Bundesliga appearances for Borussia Monchengladbach before moving to the Hammers.Hoffenheim director of football Alexander Rosen said: “He is much more than just a strong addition to our squad on a sporting level.“Havard is also a big personality off the pitch. Without his willingness to make a personal financial sacrifice, this transfer would never have been possible.”