Danville Metropolitan Police Department(DANVILLE, Ind.) — A young man walked into an Indiana police department Sunday night and allegedly confessed to killing his girlfriend in 2014, according to local police.Connor Scott, 24, allegedly admitted to killing 20-year-old Kaylyn Whitaker, who died on Oct. 31 in Martinsville, Ill., according to the Danville, Ind., police department.Whitaker was shot in the head and found at Scott’s home, according to Indiana news site mywabashvalley.com.Her death was “originally called a suicide, but later ruled a homicide” after about 10 months, the Danville police said in a statement on Monday. “This is a homicide case, it has been since 2015. And nothing’s being done about it and I am angry,” Whitaker’s mother, Leslie Roberts, told mywabashvalley.com in Dec. 2018. “We deserve closure. We deserve peace.”The cold case heated up at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday, when Scott, who had been living in Danville, Indiana, for about six months, went to the local police department, authorities said.Police interviewed Scott and allegedly “obtained a taped confession regarding the murder,” according to Danville police.Details on the alleged confession have not been released.The Illinois State Police did not immediately return a request for comment from ABC News on Monday. The Clark County State’s Attorney’s office in Illinois declined to comment.Scott was taken to the Hendricks County Jail and is expected to be extradited to Illinois, police said.Illinois State Police investigators have traveled to Danville to meet with Scott, police said.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
This waterfront mansion at 18-20 The Sovereign Mile, Sovereign Islands, has changed hands after almost four years on the market.AFTER sitting on the market for almost four years, a Sovereign Islands mansion has sold. The six-bedroom house, which has a basement garage that can park up to 20 cars, is well-known on the Glitter Strip thanks to two lion statues that guard the gates. The waterfront property at 18-20 The Sovereign Mile sold earlier this week for $3.5 million, according to CoreLogic. A local family secured the keys.The property sold for $4.45 million less than the vendor’s initial price hopes from 2015. Property records show it last changed hands in 2014 for $3.9 million and has most recently been rented out for $3000 a week. The luxury, three-level mansion features a media room, home office, gymnasium, games room, resort-style pool and a sunken waterside lounge with a wet bar and fridge.It sits on a 1501sq m block with 27m of water frontage. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:51Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:51 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p432p432p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenStarting your hunt for a dream home00:51 The property sold for $3.5 million.It first hit the market in November 2015 with a whopping $7.95 million price tag which was slashed over time. It was most recently listed at $4.29 million. At least five different agencies tried their hand at selling the house.Professionals Vertullo agent Chris Moyer managed to ink the deal. MORE NEWS: Parents hope $5 lottery gets kids into property market MORE NEWS: This apartment probably earns more than you “It was on the market for about four years with other agents in my area before I picked it up and sold it within 60 days,” he said. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa10 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day ago“It’s an iconic property, known as the house with the lions out the front of it. “The buyer was a local family, my understanding is they are going to renovate and possibly live in it.” Mr Moyer said the market in the area had felt the winter chill but was expected to heat up again soon. “It’s steady but a little bit quieter in winter,” he said. “ It always starts to take off again in August.” It initially hit the market in 2015 with a $7.95 million price tag.
Published on February 21, 2016 at 3:30 pm Contact Jon: [email protected] | @jmettus Syracuse starting attack Nick Piroli is out for Sunday’s game against No. 12 Albany with a lower-body injury, a Syracuse Athletics spokesman confirmed to The Daily Orange Sunday afternoon.Starting midfielder Tim Barber will move up to attack to replace him and attack Matt Lane will take Barber’s spot in the midfield.Barber started three games attack in 2015 in place of an injured Randy Staats. His 12 other starts were at midfield.Lane, a redshirt sophomore, will be making the first start of his career.Piroli, a graduate transfer, scored two goals and added an assist in his first game with the Orange — an 18-5 win over Siena on Feb. 13. He scored 47 goals and tallied 38 assists in three years with Brown.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSyracuse (1-0) hosts Albany at 4 p.m. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
Coach David Power believes the commitment they’ve shown so far augurs well for 2017.Tipp will open their Munster Championship campaign against Cork in April.David is hoping the side do well in the provincial competition.
Wales severance criesAfter feeling that their calls have been ignored, former Wales Sugar Estate cane harvesters will once again picket the President’s office with the aim of having someone in authority look into their severance package plight.According to information received by Guyana Times, the former employees, their families and other supporters will gather at the Ministry of the Presidency on Wednesday morning to intensify their calls for termination benefits. This publication was told that the protest was likely to be taken to the High Court as almost one year has passed and the workers’ legal suit was yet to be called up before a judge.Former workers of Wales Estate have planned additional protests for tomorrowOfficial operations at the Wales Estate were closed in December 2016, and some displaced cane cutters were still to receive their severance pay. Earlier this month, the former Wales workers staged similar protest action and expressed much frustration that their colleagues from other estates were paid all or part of their severance, just weeks after the entities were closed.However, their former employer, the Guyana Sugar Corporation (GuySuCo) has maintained that these workers were not entitled to this benefit, with acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the State entity, Paul Bhim saying earlier this month that GuySuCo has honoured all its obligations regarding the payment of severance at the Wales Estate.The workers who have been refused severance had refused to take up work at Uitvlugt on the contention that 22 miles were beyond the stipulation that the Termination of Employment and Severance Pay Act (TESPA) allows. They have observed that they could not be compelled to travel beyond 10 miles from their original place of work. The retrenched employees’ representative body, the Guyana Agricultural and General Workers Union (GAWU) had taken the matter to court since March 2017.Since losing their jobs in late 2016, the former Wales Estate workers, their relatives and other residents in the surrounding communities have complained of deleting finances and sustenance challenges. Reports reaching this newspaper indicated that the remaining skeletal staff at Wales will similarly lose their employment as early as March.The closure of Wales affected and displaced over 1000 workers directly and thousands of persons in Wales and the surrounding communities indirectly. Meanwhile, over 4000 workers attached to the Enmore, Skeldon, and Rose Hall Estates were given dismissal letters in December 2017. However, some of the former Enmore and Skeldon workers could be rehired under plans by the Special Purpose Unit (SPU) to re-open the two estates as the State-owned body eyes private investors. This revelation has prompted stakeholders, including GAWU, to push Government to rehire all of the dismissed sugar workers on the contention that the sugar industry remained viable.Meanwhile, GAWU on Monday sought to respond to media reports that when Enmore and Skeldon resume temporary operations that cane cutting will be undertaken by a contractor reportedly from West Coast Demerara. GAWU views this report as an upsetting development, noting that this indicates that few of the displaced workers will have an opportunity to be re-employed.According to its press statement, the International Labour Organisation (ILO) has found that the promotion of such arrangements has served to “expand the army of the working poor across the world”.