Lane Thrap had four touchdown receptions and an interception on defense, Demarte Prudhomme hauled in a touchdown pass and recorded two sacks on defense and St. Bernard’s soared to a 41-14 homecoming game win over visiting Stellar Prep, Friday afternoon at Crusader Field.After turning the ball over on downs on their first possession of the afternoon Thrap kick-started the Crusaders offense with a 41-yard catch-and-run touchdown on a screen-pass from Will Omey midway through the first quarter. …
23 September 2005Deputy President Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka has urged South Africa’s black middle class to reinvest in their communities, to create the skills needed for the country to achieve the government’s target of 6% economic growth.Addressing the 20th anniversary celebration of the Medical Education for South African Blacks (Mesab) in Johannesburg on Wednesday night, Mlambo-Ngcuka said the rise of the black middle class was exciting, but came with responsibility.“Make sure that you not only serve, but create others like you,” she said.Mesab is a collaborative US and South African effort to improve the health of SA’s people by training black health professionals in the country.The organisation was founded in 1985 by Herbert and Joy Kaiser, who had extensive careers in the US Foreign Service.Speaking at the class of 1949 Commencement Address at his alma mater Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania last year, Herbert Kaiser said that during his three-year stay in South Africa in 1971 he was treated successfully for melanoma, a virulent form of cancer.“I benefited from the superb medical care available to whites but denied to black South Africans in apartheid South Africa,” he told the gathering.He said several years later the surgeon who saved his life wrote to him to say he was leaving his private practice to train black doctors. This, Sullivan said, was the seed that grew into Mesab.When Mesab started in 1985 there were only 500 black doctors in South Africa. Today, more than 6 800 Mesab-funded graduates work in the country’s public and private healthcare sectors.At the anniversary celebration, Health Minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang said South African healthcare had benefited enormously from Mesab’s 10 600 bursaries and scholarship grants to black healthcare professionals.She said the government was busy finalising a human resources plan to curb the drain of healthcare professionals from the public service.Other interventions include the introduction of the midlevel worker – pharmacist assistants, physiotherapy, occupational health and radiography assistants – to reduce professionals’ workload, she said.The health department was also working with other departments such as National Treasury and Public Service and Administration to improve health professionals’ pay and working conditions.“This will ensure that in the long term the support we get from organisations such as Mesab benefits the public health service by retaining these professionals,” said Tshabalala-Msimang.Source: BuaNews
Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC MOST READ Read Next LOOK: Iya Villania meets ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ cast in Mexico Typhoon ‘Tisoy’ threatens Games View comments Jarencio, Romeo insist all is well after heated argument Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university PLAY LIST 01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Barroca’s three at the 3:20 mark of the third quarter gave it its first taste of the lead, 54-53 and the rest was history as the Hotshots cruised to the 86-79 victory.Barroca was instrumental in the turnaround, finishing with 17 points, three assists, and two rebounds to lead Magnolia.The former FEU playmaker said the game served as an eye-opener for the Hotshots in this crucial stretch.“It’s the playoffs. The physicality is already heightened and we have to adjust,” he said. “We focused on the referees and the calls to start the game and we were lost on that. But once we adjusted and played physical, got our defense and pressure done, that’s when we made our run.”ADVERTISEMENT Families in US enclave in north Mexico hold sad Thanksgiving Pussycat Dolls set for reunion tour after 10-year hiatus John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Magnolia, though, found the spark in old reliable Mark Barroca, who managed to calm his team despite the 20-point deficit, which allowed the Hotshots to storm back into the game.“If you’d look at it as a 20-point deficit, it’s going to be hard. But coach told us to continue chipping the lead away,” the 31-year-old guard said. “We were able to trim it down to 10, but they had a run before the end of the first half. Still, we focused to get some stops until eventually, we were surprised that we’re already closing in on them in the third quarter and got the lead through our defense.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout LATEST STORIES And Magnolia will be banking on those learnings as it looks to be more than just a part of the Final Four.“Now, we’re more matured. We’re not looking at the Finals yet. That’s what we’re thinking about last season. But now, we’re taking it one game at a time. We can’t get too ahead of ourselves. The game in the playoffs is different so you have to be prepared at all times,” he said. [email protected]_Hotshots’ Mark Barroca shares how his team fought from 20 points down and pulled off the tough qf victory vs GlobalPort. #PBA2018 pic.twitter.com/PAmLfPCdMl— Randolph B. Leongson (@RLeongsonINQ) March 6, 2018 Google honors food scientist, banana ketchup inventor and war hero Maria Orosa Mark Barroca leads Magnolia. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netIt didn’t matter if it had the luxury of a twice-to-beat advantage in the playoffs, Magnolia was determined to move on to the semifinals as quick as it could.But the second seed Hotshots had to dig deep to shake off the seventh-place Batang Pier, who came out firing in their upset bid with a 26-6 start, in their 2018 PBA Philippine Cup quarterfinal duel Tuesday night.ADVERTISEMENT
New Delhi: Mumbai’s Ruia family-owned Essar plans to double production of coal-seam gas from its Raniganj east block in West Bengal as a vital Urja-Ganga gas pipeline connecting users in eastern India gets commissioned by year-end, a company official said on Wednesday. Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production (EOGEPL) currently produces about 0.45 million standard cubic metres per day due to constraints of pipelines that could take the gas to consumers. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal The company plans to ramp up the production to more than 1 mmscmd, the official, who did not wish to be named, said. This would be the highest production of coal-seam gas or coal-bed methane (CBM) from any block in the country. The firm has already invested Rs 4,000 crore in the project, which encompassed drilling of 348 wells, setting up the supply infrastructure, and laying pipelines to Durgapur and nearby industrial areas. The current production from the Raniganj east CBM block is significantly lower than its capacity with the company having to throttle the output at about 0.45 mmscmd because of lack of a pipeline to take the gas to consumers. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boost “We have already produced 1 mmscmd gas from this block, which is the highest by any player in the sector. However, sustaining production at that level is unfeasible without the GAIL pipeline being commissioned. This is why we are producing far lower quantities of gas than we are capable of,” the official said. The Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga natural gas pipeline transverses from Jagdishpur in Uttar Pradesh to Haldia in West Bengal and Bokaro in Jharkhand and Dhamra in Odisha. The pipeline is being commissioned in phases and the last leg is scheduled for completion by December 2019. This will help gas supplies to reach four fertiliser plants in Gorakhpur, Sindri, Barauni and Panagarh, besides more than two dozen towns where city gas distribution rights have been awarded recently. The total demand in the region is envisaged at about 20 mmscmd. CBM is natural gas stored or absorbed in coal seams and contains 90-95 per cent methane. According to the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons, India has the fifth-largest proven coal reserves in the world and, therefore, holds significant prospects for exploration and exploitation of CBM. Raniganj east block is India’s most prolific CBM block, holding 1 trillion cubic feet of recoverable reserves. The official said EOGEPL is also planning to drill additional wells in accordance with the approved field development plan for the block. The additional wells will enable the company to ramp up production to a peak of 2.3 mmscmd in the next few years, he said. In August 2018, EOGEPL signed a gas sale and purchase agreement with GAIL, to formalise a 15-year gas supply contract between the two companies. The GSPA allows EOGEPL to monetise its entire CBM production at a globally competitive price. EOGEPL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Essar Exploration and Production Ltd Mauritius (EEPLM). EEPLM is an early stage developer, focussed primarily on oil and gas exploration. Its global portfolio includes conventional acreages with a net resource of 1 billion barrels of oil equivalent (bboe), as well as unconventional hydrocarbon acreages that have a resource base of 15 Tcf (2.5 bboe) of gas. It has invested USD 1.1 billion in various acreages across the world. These investments include unconventional hydrocarbon acreages in India through EOGEPL, a joint venture with Eni in Vietnam and investments in an exclusive block OPL 226 in Nigeria. “EEPLM seeks to utilise its experience as a pioneer and leader in unconventional CBM gas development in India to explore and monetise its other acreages towards enhancing the country’s energy security. With a certified shale gas resource base, it is also poised to become a pioneer in this emerging energy frontier,” the official said.
The Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) and New York Comedy Festival (NYCF) just added Bill Cosby and Jim Gaffigan to the star-studded line-up for the annual Stand Up for Heroes, an evening of comedy and music benefiting injured service members, veterans and their families on Wednesday, November 6th at 8pm.The event will also feature performances by Jerry Seinfeld, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Stewart and Roger Waters. Roger Waters will take the stage and perform with a band comprised of nearly two-dozen wounded veterans and active servicemen (and women) many of whom are current patients at Walter Reed Hospital and participants in the BWF funded MusiCorps.Stand Up for Heroes now at The Theater at Madison Square Garden, brings together leaders from military, business, entertainment, government and philanthropy to raise funds to help post-9/11 injured service members and their families thrive long after they return to the home front.Tickets for Stand Up for Heroes can be purchased at bobwoodrufffoundation.org or www.nycomedyfestival.com. Corporate sponsor packages and VIP benefit packages can be purchased by emailing [email protected] Up for Heroes, brought to you by Veterans on Wall Street (VOWS), a consortium of financial firms, and supported by founding sponsor GFI Group, Inc. is one of the centerpiece events of the 10th annual New York Comedy Festival, running Nov. 6-10, 2013, at venues throughout New York City.This year’s sponsors for Stand Up for Heroes include: VOWS, GFI Group, Inc., The Paul E. Singer Foundation, Google, Inc., Havas PR & Havas Health, Jack Daniels, JetBlue, JWT, Purdue Pharma L.P.The Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) is the nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring injured service members and their families are thriving long after they return home. A national organization with grassroots reach, the Bob Woodruff Foundation complements the work of the federal government —diligently navigating the maze of more than 40,000 nonprofits providing services to veterans—finds, funds and shapes innovative programs, and holds them accountable for results. To date, BWF has invested more than $15 million in public education and solutions, reaching more than a million service members, support personnel, veterans and their families. The Bob Woodruff Foundation was co-founded in 2006 by award-winning anchor Bob Woodruff and his family, whose own experiences inspired them to help make sure the nation’s heroes have access to the high level of support and resources they deserve, for as long as they need it.Source:PR Newswire
Facebook A lawsuit filed against Netflix and Warner Bros. by the Satanic Temple over use of the group’s goat-headed statue in the Vancouver-filmed TV show The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been settled out of court, according to the group.In a statement posted here, the Satanic Temple says it “is pleased to announce that the lawsuit it recently filed against Warner Bros. and Netflix has been amicably settled.”The temple filed the suit in New York alleging copyright violation of its Baphomet with Children statue. Advertisement Advertisement A lawsuit filed against Netflix and Warner Bros. by the Satanic Temple over use of the group’s goat-headed statue in the Vancouver-filmed TV show The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been settled out of court. NETFLIX Advertisement Twitter Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment “The unique elements of the Satanic Temple’s Baphomet statue have been acknowledged in the credits of episodes which have already been filmed,” the statement says.Temple spokesperson Lucien Greaves wrote that the statue would be acknowledged in the credits of Sabrina episodes Netflix aired before the lawsuit.Greaves said the temple had received hate mail from people accusing it of being a powerful Satanic organization “using its might to bully an uncertain and innocent teenage witch who has just been newly exposed to the wide, cruel world.”According to a report in The New York Times, the plaintiffs asked for at least $50 million for each alleged infraction: copyright infringement, trademark violation and injury to the business’ reputation. They also requested an injunction barring the companies from redistributing the series with the image of the statue.No details of the settlement have been released because of a confidentiality agreement.Netflix referred all calls to Warner Bros. Paul McGuire, a spokesman for Warner Bros. confirmed there was a settlement, in an email, but provided no other information.Netflix is filming parts of the second season of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina — the latest adaptation of the Sabrina the Teenage Witch comic books in Cloverdale.The show, which stars Kiernan Shipka, has been well received by critics since all 10 episodes of Season 1 started streaming on Netflix on Oct. 26. The show boasts an 89 per cent “fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes.BY TIFFANY CRAWFORD | VANCOUVER SUNWith a file from Scott Brown
Related Items:HOA had to be shut down due to technical problems, hoa in poor state, house of assembly may have to be shut down for as long as three months for needed repairs Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, July 26, 2016 – The House of Assembly had to be shut down for about an hour on Monday as the microphones were not working; this meant another halt to country business due to the faulty system.Deputy House Speaker, Hon Josephine Connolly who is chairing the sessions in the absence of House Speaker, Hon Robert Hall explained that due to leaks at the NJS Francis Building where the House is situated, there was damage to the audio system. It rained over the weekend in the Capital.The shabby condition of the House of Assembly is not new and a report to Magnetic Media is that the HOA will actually have to be relocated for as much as three months in order for the desperate technical upgrades to happen.