Exclusive: Ayews return for Black Stars, GFA welcomes decision

first_imgAndre and Jordan Ayew have come out of their temporary international retirement by writing to the Ghana Football Association (GFA) to confirm their availability for the Black Stars.The France-based players wrote the letter to the GFA on Friday to reveal that they are keen on playing for the Black Stars in future matches.Ayew decided to go on a temporary break from the national team in February but has decided to make himself available for the country once again.“I write to confirm my availability to play for the senior national team,” Andre wrote in his letter to the Ghana Football Association on Friday.His younger borther, Jordan also said in his letter: “I write to confirm my availability to play for the senior national team”.Meanwhile, the GFA has welcomed the decision of the Marseille duo to return to the Black Stars. “It is with great pleasure that we welcome your decision to return to action for the national team of Ghana, the Black Stars,” the GFA acting General Secretary Emmanuel Gyimah wrote in his letter to the the players, to welcome their decision.“Your decision to return to action for Ghana will surely re-energise the Black Stars for our future challenges.“We are confident that you will work hard in the team to ensure the continuous progress of our beloved national team of Ghana, the Black Stars.”Ghana will play Zambia in their next match in a 2014 World Cup qualifier in Kumasi on 6 September.last_img read more

ICC to review aggressive Bangladesh celebration footage against India at the U19 World Cup

first_imgAdvertisement 5qoNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs2lw1tbs7Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E8x07( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 6ovgWould you ever consider trying this?😱3u7g4Can your students do this? 🌚v9tRoller skating! Powered by Firework The young rivalry between India and Bangladesh has garnered a lot of attention in the last few years. Be it the group-stage game of the 2016 ICC T20 World Cup or the Asia Cup final and even last year’s Nidahas Trophy clash among these two teams, witnessed tempers flying from both camps at the senior level. And yesterday’s U19 World Cup final between the Boys in Blues and the young Bangla Tigers was no exception as well. Following their historic victory in an ICC tournament, some Bangladeshi players got carried away and celebrated in a “dirty” manner according to Priyam Garg the Indian captain; while team manager Anil Patel stated that the ICC has taken a serious view of the aggressive celebrations by the Bangladeshis. Advertisement Picture Credit: Cricket CountryAfter their three-wicket win over India in the final, some Bangladeshi players were spotted rushing towards the pitch with an aggressive attitude. Tension loomed between the two  young teams before it was defused by the coaching staff and on-field officials.Even during the game, the Bangladesh players were belligerent towards their Indian counterparts, as pacer Shoriful Islam was seen sledging the Indian batsmen after each delivery.Advertisement “We don’t know what actually happened, everybody was in a shock, absolutely, but we don’t know what happened exactly. The ICC officials are going to watch the footage of the last few minutes and they are going to let us know.” Patel said in an interview on Sunday.He then went on to claim that the match referee Graeme Labrooy met with him and expressed his regret about the whole incident.Advertisement “The referee came to me. He was sorry about the incident. He clarified the ICC is going to take very seriously what has happened during the match and the last session. They are going to witness the footage and they will tell us in the morning (Monday).”Meanwhile, Indian skipper Priyam Garg said that their (Bangladesh) reaction was “dirty”; while his opposite number Akbar Ali apologised for the “unfortunate incident”.“What happened, it should not [have] happened. I don’t know what exactly happened. I didn’t ask what was going on. But, you know, in the final, emotion can come out, and sometimes the boys were getting pumped, and emotions were coming through. As a youngster, it shouldn’t happen. In any position, in any manner, we have to show the respect to the opponent, we should have respect for the game.” Ali stated. You may also like:U-19 World Cup Final Review: Young guns put Bangladesh on the cricketing map with ecstatic winShoaib Akhtar slams Pakistan U19s and praises Indian team after semifinal showdown Advertisementlast_img read more

Nelson skaters shine at Kootenay Regional Championships

first_imgAngelica Ross had a gold rating in Performance while Christina Champlin finished just out of the medals on three occasions, fourth in Pre-Novice Ladies Short Program, Pre-Novice Ladies Long Program and Pre-Novice Ladies Final Standing.Champlin did pass both Rocker Foxtrot and Keats Foxtrot tests.Babcock finished fifth in Pre-Introductory Interpretive Group A while Borhi also took fifth in Pre-Introductory Interpretive Group B.Naomi Perkins finished eighth in Jr. Bronze Ladies 13 and over.Nelson was scheduled to have nine skaters in Creston but inclement weather forced two skaters to withdraw from the championships.Next up on the schedule for the Nelson skaters is the Rocky Mountain Freeskate Competition in Cranbrook Feb [email protected] Soleil Babcock and Sophie Borhi paced the Nelson Figure Skating Club, each wining gold, during Saturday’s Kootenay Regional Championships at the Johnny Bucyk in Creston.Babcock, competing in the Pre-preliminary ladies competition, wowed the judges to take home the first-place prize.Meanwhile, not to be outdone, Borhi took home the gold medal in the Jr. Bronze Ladies 12 and under category.Other medalists included Tao Measures, winning silver in Pre-Preliminary Men and Sebastian Bodine-Shah, second in Preliminary Men.last_img read more

Quiz Results: The Nature Lover

first_img SharePrint RelatedHike or seek this seasonSeptember 17, 2019In “News”Geocaching in Harmony with Nature (Part 2)November 23, 2013In “Community”New tools for your next trip into the great outdoors!January 17, 2017In “News” You are…The Nature Lover!You were voted “most likely to see Bigfoot” in your high school yearbook. You live for the days you can get out on the trail and leave civilization behind. Trail mix and energy bars are your go-to snacks.  You are happier spending all day hiking for just one (preferably T5) geocache than you would be finding 100.You’ll love this geocache: Apollos Pool with the Million Dollar View (GC13VNK)Your ultimate geocaching tools:Heading out for a day of hiking? Be prepared! Create a Pocket Query to find all the geocaches on the trail in advance. You can then download up to 1000 geocaches to your GPS, or they will automatically appear in the Geocaching App when they are ready for download.Using the Geocaching App? Make sure to save your geocaches in advance so that you can access them when you are out of cell range. To do so, create an Offline List in the Geocaching App for Android or iPhone.Quick Tips for the Great Outdoors:The woods are great, but making it home is nice too. Check out these 7 Safety Tips to Keep You Healthy, Happy, and Cool as a Cucumber out on the Geocaching Trail.Hide and find geocaches in a way that makes Mother Nature proud with this environmentally-friendly advice.Do you have additional tips and tricks for your fellow Nature Lovers? Tell us about them in the comments below. Don’t think this geocacher type fits you? Try taking the quiz again!Share with your Friends:Morelast_img read more

This Text Message Will Self Destruct In 60 Seconds

first_imgRelated Posts Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … The self-destructing message, whether a piece of paper that mystically disintegrates at the appropriate moment or the microfiche that goes up in a poof of smoke, is a staple of any spy movie and a childhood wish of my own. TigerText, a private SMS app, has made my childhood dream a reality.The company, which has had a free app available, has brought this spy-novel feature to the enterprise with this week’s release of an enterprise app. According to TechCrunch, the app lets users determine when and how the messages are deleted. The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology mike melanson Tags:#mobile#web Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces As we reported last year, TigerText’s mobile apps allows users to send text messages or photos that can then be deleted off both the sender’s and receiver’s phone after a selected period of time. Once a sender selects the message lifespan (from 1 minute up to 30 days), expired messages are not only deleted from both phones, but are not stored on any server and they cannot be retrieved once expired. Users can also select a “Delete on Read” option, which will delete the text 60 seconds after the recipient opens the message.The latest version of the app caters to businesses by allowing users to perform a one-time login to authenticate with the company. TigerText describes the app as “a cross-platform collaboration tool for your organization that allows you to deploy your own private, secure mobile network where your employees can safely communicate on their existing mobile devices within your company.”“Text messaging, just like email, can be used against your organization,” writes the company on its website. “If the messages no longer exist, there is no risk of data breach or exposure.”The app is available on iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms and administrators can manage user settings from the Web. It enters an increasingly crowded space, with apps like Kik, Beluga and GroupMe entering the free message game, but this one has that special spin for the security-minded.From what we can tell, however, the app is missing one huge feature – the little whisp of smoke, wafting out the crack of your phone case whenever a message is deleted.last_img read more

Book it: Devin Booker hits 28 to win 3-point contest

first_imgView comments Nets’ Dinwiddie wins skills challenge John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding NEXT BLOCK ASIA 2.0 introduces GURUS AWARDS to recognize and reward industry influencers Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice Booker, the 21-year-old sharpshooter in his third season with Phoenix, is averaging 24.2 points per game this season as the NBA’s 12th-leading scorer. Eleven months after the shooting guard dropped 70 points against Boston to become the youngest player in NBA history to score even 60 in a game, Booker added another accolade to his promising career with the 3-Point title.Thompson beat the buzzer with his final shot of the first round to reach the finals with 19 points. Booker also scored 19 and Harris had 18. LOS ANGELES, CA – FEBRUARY 17: Devin Booker accepts the trophy for the 2018 JBL Three-Point Contest at Staples Center on February 17, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images/AFPDevin Booker of the Phoenix Suns won the 3-point contest with a record 28 points in the final round. He beat 2016 champion Klay Thompson of the Golden State Warriors and Tobias Harris of the Los Angeles Clippers.“It feels really good,” Booker said. “I wanted to go out there and make a name for myself.”ADVERTISEMENT Globe Business launches leading cloud-enabled and hardware-agnostic conferencing platform in PH Slow and steady hope for near-extinct Bangladesh tortoises Did he ever. He was sensational in the final round on Saturday, when he missed only five of 25 shots.Each player shot five five-ball racks with a one-minute time limit. The final ball of each one was a “money ball” worth two points, and one of the racks, usually the last one, was all money balls. Booker made the money ball shot on his first four racks, and then made four of the five balls on the money ball rack.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutHarris, Booker and Thompson advanced from the eight-man field to the finals. Harris scored 17 points before Booker scorched the nets for 28 points. Thompson followed and scored 25 points.The previous record was 27 points, set by Stephen Curry in 2015 and matched by Thompson the following year.center_img Read Next LATEST STORIES Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. AFP official booed out of forum MOST READ 2 ‘newbie’ drug pushers fall in Lucena stinglast_img read more

WORLD CUP: SEHWAG RULED OUT OF INDIA-AUSTRALIA QF

first_imgOpener Virender Sehwag has been ruled out of the crucial India-Australia quarterfinal due to his injury.He was dropped in the last match against West Indies.last_img

NEW STUDY FINDS FEMALELED MOVIES MAKE MORE MONEY

first_imgAdvertisement If you clicked on that headline, chances are you have a few questions. When I saw this mythical “new study” trending on the Internet last week, I had more than just a few. So I wrote all my queries down, then I combed through the footnotes and took to my handy Google search bar to find the answers. When you sit down for a family meal during the holidays, feel free to toss around some of these facts — and then make sure to recommend a handful of your favourite female-led films from this past year.First off, where is this study coming from?The study comes from the talent agency Creative Artists Agency—who earlier this year, published a similar study that proved diverse casting leads to box office success—and the tech company Shift7. Twitter LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Facebook Advertisement Are we talking films from 2018, or every film ever made?Neither. The study looks at global box office revenue for films release between 2014 and 2017.How do you define a female-led film?The data used in this study—including film budgets and box office numbers—comes from Studio System by Gracenote, a service  recognized as the Hollywood’s most trusted source for entertainment data, research and industry contacts. Studio System defines a “female lead” as a woman who is listed first in official press materials.But what about ensemble casts? There isn’t always a lead character, right?This is true. Many films—especially those big budget superhero ones—feature co-leads or ensemble casts. Here’s how the study addresses the grey zone: “For consistency, and because this designation is generally reflected in the marketing of the film, this analysis uses the first actor listed by Studio System as the lead actor. Login/Register With:last_img read more

South Carolina regulators face billiondollar decisions

first_imgCOLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina regulators have a couple of billion-dollar decisions to make on Friday.The Public Service Commission will determine how much to cut rates for 737,000 South Carolina Electric & Gas customers who have already paid more than $2 billion for a pair of nuclear reactors abandoned during construction, and whether to approve a roughly $15 billion cash and stock bid from Virginia-based Dominion Energy to buy SCE&G’s parent company SCANA Corp.It’s a pivotal point in the unraveling of South Carolina’s nuclear debacle, which started in the summer of 2017 when privately-owned SCANA and its minority partner, state-owned Santee Cooper, gave up on the reactors they had spent a decade planning and building. The main contractor, Westinghouse, went bankrupt as it failed to make good on its promises of cheaper, easier construction methods. Projections of soaring electricity demand never materialized, thanks to energy efficiency and the advent of cheap natural gas.Commissioners have two important judgments on their agenda. First is whether SCE&G executives knew the project was failing and lied so that regulators would approve additional rate hikes to keep customers paying for it. Second is whether Dominion’s offer is good enough for ratepayers, or still leaves them on the hook for too much of the debt for the never-finished reactors.“Let me be blunt. You have a utility that bet the farm and lost. SCE&G poured $5 billion into a project and got nothing for it. By the end of this year, customers will have paid $2.2 billion for absolutely nothing — not a single watt of electricity,” said lawyer Scott Rubin, arguing on behalf of the AARP and its members — many of them consumers on fixed incomes — at the start of three weeks of hearings held by regulators in November.For most of the past 18 months, political leadership in South Carolina told SCE&G and Dominion they weren’t doing enough to ease the ratepayers’ burden. But now Attorney General Alan Wilson and House Speaker Jay Lucas are backing Dominion’s latest offer, which the state’s own consumer advocate and environmental and consumer groups says falls short.Dominion’s latest offer gets rid of the $1,000 rebate checks to SCE&G customers that dominated much of the merger discussion in 2018. Instead, Dominion wants to keep SCE&G rates at the same level set by legislators who passed a temporary 15 per cent rate cut earlier this year that knocks about $22 off the typical monthly bill. In 20 years, SCE&G customers would add $2.3 billion to the $2 billion they already paid for the mothballed project.Most of the consumer advocacy groups are still pushing for more. Watchdogs in the state’s Office of Regulatory Staff want about a 20 per cent rate cut, removing closer to $30 from monthly bills, and eliminating most of the extra charges for the reactors. Consumers and environmental groups want a bigger cut.Dominion Energy said a larger rate cut would force them to walk away from the SCE&G deal, although they made the same threat when lawmakers considered the temporary cut. When that passed, they altered their merger proposal.SCE&G said a significant rate cut without the extra money from the Dominion deal means bankruptcy, although utility executives testified before regulators they could not guarantee that is what they would do.Public Service Commission Chairman Randy Comer said the regulators’ hands remain tied by a law passed in 2007 that greatly reduced their ability to scrutinize rate hikes.The Base Load Review Act allowed the utility to get rate increases to essentially pay in advance for the reactors without risk to its shareholders, and sets a high bar to get that money back. There have been legal challenges, but the law is still in place.“For about the last year, we’ve been on the receiving end of a lot of criticism. Some by people looking for a good sound bite on TV or in the newspaper,” Comer said at the end of the November hearings. “We’ve been unable to respond.”On Friday, the commissioners get to speak as loudly as they want.Jeffrey Collins, The Associated Presslast_img read more